Project: 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, & 12th Street North Improvements
Early next week, contractors for the City of Fargo 3rd Avenue, 11th Street, and 12th Street North road and watermain improvement project will set up traffic control for the next phase of project work and begin in phase three to fully reconstruct the roadways.
Beginning Tuesday, May 26, after 8:30 a.m., motorists can expect the following roadway sections to be closed:
- 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue and 3rd Avenue North
- 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
- 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North
- 3rd Avenue North between east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
The 2nd Avenue and 11th Street North intersection will remain open for motorists at the beginning of phase three project work. Later in this phase crews will be working within the intersection.
The contractor will ensure business and residential access is maintained during each phase of project work. Once phase three starts, access will primarily be maintained from the north by use of 4th Avenue North to 11th Street North to 3rd Avenue North. Side streets and alleyways will also remain open for access to residential homes.
Crews have completed all roadway removals in phase one and will continue with underground and dirt work through the week. Paving operations are slated to begin late next week. With both sections of the road under construction, 3rd Avenue North is closed to thru traffic between University Drive and 10th Street North. Phase one of project work is slated to reopen to traffic by the middle of June, weather permitting.
Phase work may overlap, and multiple phases may be under construction at the same time. Project work will be split into the following phases:
- Phase One: 3rd Avenue North between University Drive to west of 12th Street North and east of 11th Street to 10th Street North
- Phase Two: 3rd Avenue North between 12th Street to east of 11th Street North
- Phase Three: 12th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North and 11th Street North between 2nd Avenue to 3rd Avenue North, including work in the 2nd Avenue North intersection
- Phase Four: 11th Street North between 3rd Avenue to 4th Avenue North
Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout each phase of project work.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade portions of the City’s infrastructure in this area including water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, pavement, curb and gutter, and street lighting.
Please slow down and watch for trucks entering and exiting the work area.
The project work should be complete by early November.