Project: 52nd Avenue Reconstruction Project
By late afternoon Saturday, August 17, contractors for the City of Fargo 52nd Avenue South improvement project will open two sections of the new roadway to one lane in each direction ahead of school starting. Crews will then close 52nd Ave S between west of Veterans Blvd intersection to east of 63rd St S to allow crews to continue work on underground and paving preparations. All residential and business access will be maintained.
Once the traffic shift is complete, 52nd Avenue drivers will encounter the following access:
- OPEN: One lane in each direction in the westbound lanes between 45th Street South and Veterans Blvd
- OPEN: One lane in each direction in the eastbound lanes west of 63rd Street South intersection
- CLOSED: Full roadway between west of Veterans Blvd and east of 63rd St S for roadway removals and underground work
- CLOSED: Intersections of 47th Ave S, 53rd St S, and 53rd Ave S will be closed to traffic
Motorists are encouraged to add extra time to their travel plans through the area during peak hours. Speeds are reduced near the school on Veterans Blvd. The all way stop added by city at 44th Avenue South and 53rd Street South intersection will re removed and traffic will resume its normal driving pattern at this intersection.
Traffic control will shift for residential and business access to the west of Veterans Blvd. Drivers will no longer use the temporary bypass road at Veterans Blvd to access the mainline of 52nd Ave S and travel west. Access will now remain off Sheyenne Street and the mainline of 52nd Ave S.
Motorists will encounter the following access to businesses:
North 52nd Ave S business access:
- Veterans Blvd to 51st Street South to 53rd St S (the roundabout intersection just north of 52nd Ave S)
South 52nd Ave S business access:
- East loop: Through Veterans Blvd intersection to 53rd Ave S business loop
- West loop: Mainline of 52nd Ave S to 63rd St S intersection to 53rd Ave S business loop
The mile and a half stretch of 52nd Ave S between 45th St S and 63rd St S improvement project is spread over six-phases through October and is completely reconstructing the rural two-lane roadway to an urban four-lane divided roadway with dedicated turn lanes.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.