Crime Free Self-Storage Program
The Crime Free Self-Storage Program was designed to help renters, owners, and managers of self-storage properties keep drugs and other illegal activity off their property. Self-storage facilities who partner with this program learn how to provide a safe environment to store property and to keep units filled. They will also receive crime prevention tips to improve the security and safety of the property.
- Learn tips for no-cost screening practices.
- Learn crime prevention techniques and how to identify potential problems.
- Receive a security assessment.
- Receive a crime-free self-storage program sign to display on your property after successfully completing the C.P.T.E.D. survey.
- Receive notification of criminal activity occurring in storage units on your property.
- Receive crime alerts.
Crime Free Self-Storage Program Training
Owners and managers are asked to attend a free 4-hour class presented by the Fargo Police Department to learn how to reduce burglary, theft, criminal damage and other property crimes in their self-storage facility. Topics discussed in the class include:
- Improving the screening process to stop potential problems before they start.
- Crime and crime prevention techniques.
- Lease addendums and renter education.
- Identifying, reporting and eliminating illegal drug labs, storage of chemicals and illegal hazardous materials; cleanup costs and liabilities associated with these materials.
- Eviction process.
To learn more about this program or to register for a class, contact Deb Tellinghuisen at 701.298.6968