Getting information out to the public is vital to the mission of the Fargo Police Department.
We respond to media requests as early as possible, release public safety information in a timely manner, and accommodate other media requests when needed.
Our social media accounts are updated regularly throughout the day with crime and news information.
Social Media Customer Use Policy
The Fargo Police Department encourages the use of social media as a way to share and receive information related to department functions and services. Social media provides an opportunity to distribute information quickly and efficiently to a large audience and may be used on a day to day basis and during emergency situations.
By engaging with the Fargo Police Department using social media, you are agreeing to the following:
- We welcome comments that are respectful of the audience, add value to the discussion and do not contain personal attacks or offensive comments.
- Comments posted on Fargo Police Department social media pages are reviewed and may be removed if they violate this policy.
- Comments posted on our social media pages must pertain to the posted topic. Comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the post may be removed.
- Fargo Police Department social media pages are not intended for emergency reporting or response. Emergencies must be reported by calling 9-1-1.
- Users are subject to the Terms of Service of the host site.
- Comments posted on Fargo Police Department social media pages that violate site policy, state or federal law, or existing City of Fargo policies including sexual harassment, discrimination or violence are prohibited and will be removed.
Social Media Disclaimer
Social media sites not specifically established in accordance with the City of Fargo Social Media Policy are not representations of the City. Unauthorized use of the City of Fargo logo or any City department logo is a violation of law. The City is not responsible for any content posted to unauthorized sites.