Emergency Paid Leave
Emergency Paid Leave is available to employees who do not qualify for Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Leave.
In conjunction with the Mayor’s Emergency Declaration issued on March 16, 2020, the City of Fargo has made Emergency Paid Leave available for employees who are experiencing symptoms of illness or absence from work related to COVID-19 including (but not limited to) the following:
- Employee's own illness, underlying health condition or self-quarantine under the advice of a healthcare professional; or
- Self-quarantine advised due to travel; or
- A family member's illness or self-quarantine under advice of a healthcare professional: or
- To care for a child during a school or childcare closure; or
- Supervisory approval on a case-by-case basis