Learn More About Electronic Cigarettes
Tobacco use remains the leading cause of preventable death and disease in the United States. According to the North Dakota State Smoke-free Law, smoking includes the use of electronic cigarettes. Use of these devices is on the rise and while they are legal for use by adults, they remain illegal for anyone under the age of 18.
- Emerging Electronic Tobacco Products (PDF)
- Surgeon General Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Youth Tobacco Use on the Rise - CDC Vital Signs February 2019 (PDF)
- Electronic Cigarettes: What’s the Bottom Line (PDF)
- E-Cigarettes: Information for Parents, Educators, and Health Care Providers (PDF)
- JUUL Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Public Health Concerns about JUUL Use by Young People (PDF)
In August of 2019, Hailey became North Dakota's first reported case of e-cigarette and vaping associated lung injury (EVALI). As a recent high school graduate, she never thought something like this would happen to her.
Prairie Pulse - What Parents Need to Know About Vaping
Melissa Markegard, Tobacco Prevention Coordinator, visits with Prairie Public Television about the vaping crisis among young people and what parents can do if they suspect their child is vaping.
Vaping in Fargo Schools: FCPH & Fargo PD
FCPH & Fargo Police Department School Resource Officers sit down to talk about vaping: what we're seeing, the dangers and what to look for.