Choosing the right products will be the key to a successful concession stand. Fast Fuel guidelines recommend that at least 50% of products offered are healthful.
- Simplify the stand by purchasing only the best-selling sodas, candy and chips
- Consider purchasing items for the stand through your School Food Service
- Bulk or wholesale stores are a good place to buy pre-packaged, single-serve items in bulk, which drives down the cost per unit and increases profit
- Consider items that are easy to prepare or quick for customers to grab
- Balance the menu with 50% of products offered being healthful
- Simplify by limiting the menu to only the best-selling sodas, candy and chips
For Fast Fuel product modifications, Smart Snack Guidelines and more product tips, visit the full Fast Fuel Toolkit (PDF).