Child Care Physical Activity Health Code Training
The Child Care Physical Activity Health Code ensures all licensed child care facilities implement and follow Center of Disease Control best practices, for preventing childhood obesity in early care and education programs. Using the National Early Care and Education Program Standards for Obesity Prevention, the health code ordinance standards stipulate that all licensed child care facilities implement the following:
- 60 minutes of physical activity daily, with 30 of the 60 minutes structured and adult led.
- Staff participate annually in 2 hours of approved physical activity training
- Infants have supervised “tummy time”
- No electronic media for children under 2 years of age. For children 2 and older, viewing limited to no more than 60 minutes per day of educational programs
- Juice only for children 12 months and older, limited to 6oz. of 100% fruit juice/day
- Water accessible throughout the day