Red River Valley COVID-19 Task Force
The goal of the Red River Valley COVID-19 Taskforce is the prevention and mitigation of community spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the metro community.
Focus areas of the task force include implementation of a locally-developed, focused testing strategy, dissemination of educational materials and resources, providing wrap-around services to support those who are directed to self-isolate after a positive COVID-19 test result and support of testing for Clay County, MN.
- The task force has implemented a locally- generated testing matrix. Factors used to identify potential testing groups include occupation, congregate living settings, and those with an increased risk of exposure to positive COVID-19 cases, along with epidemiology data.
- In the interest of protecting patient privacy and confidentiality, testing groups will not be publicly identified.
- Testing events are considered closed events, i.e., not open to the general public.
- Results of these testing events continue to be included on the North Dakota Cases page of the North Dakota Department of Health coronavirus website and will be included in news releases regarding positive COVID-19 cases issued by the North Dakota Joint Information Center.
- Tests are processed at the North Dakota Department of Health Microbiology Lab.
- Test results are communicated to those with positive test results as well as those with negative results.
Communication & Education
- Efforts are focused on identifying and meeting education needs of those who participate in closed testing events.
Quarantine Support Services
- Efforts are focused on providing support services to individuals instructed to self-isolate after receiving a positive test result for COVID-19.
Testing and Contact Tracing in Clay County
- Support for Clay County, Minnesota is jointly coordinated by the North Dakota Department of Health and the Minnesota Department of Health.
- COVID-19 testing for Clay County is facilitated by the Minnesota National Guard and currently focuses on long-term care. Case investigation and contact tracing of positive COVID-19 cases in Clay County are being conducted locally and in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Fargo Cass Public Health
- The City of Fargo
- Cass County Government
- The City of Moorhead
- The City of West Fargo
- Clay County Public Health
- Family HealthCare
- Lutheran Social Services
- Minnesota Department of Health
- North Dakota Department of Health
- North Dakota Department of Human Services
- North Dakota Office of the Governor
- North Dakota State University - School of Nursing