Red River Valley COVID-19 Task Force
Cass County COVID-19 Testing Subgroup
The Red River Valley COVID-19 Task Force (task force) uses a locally-developed testing matrix to provide testing for priority groups that may be at higher risk of exposure to the virus, such as long-term care, other congregate living settings, and individuals who may be vulnerable to greater impacts of the virus. Targeted testing supports the mission of the task force by allocating available testing supplies and resources to these priority groups.
Please note: COVID-19 testing in Cass County is not open to the general public.
Health Systems Testing
Area health systems continue to conduct COVID-19 testing for individuals who meet their screening criteria. Individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider for guidance prior to going to a clinic or office.
- Essentia Health COVID-19 Hotline 1.833.494.0836 or start an e-visit online at www.essentiahealth.org/COVID-19.
- Sanford Health 701.234.5000 for 'My Sanford Nurse' or start an e-visit online at www.sanfordhealth.org/campaign/covid19-care.
COVID-19 Task Force Testing
Based on the 'Current COVID-19 Testing Strategy for Priority Groups' (see image to the right), the task force conducts indoor, walk-up closed testing events at the static site in West Fargo throughout the week for long-term care, group homes and other congregate living settings as well as for individuals with a confirmed exposure to a positive COVID-19 case.
"I don't think I fit into any of the above groups - can I still get tested?'
The current COVID-19 testing strategy provides testing primarily on Fridays, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., for individuals in the below categories:
- Individuals with a potential exposure to a positive COVID-19 case.
- Healthcare workers providing direct care to patients.
- Individuals with a testing requirement for essential travel.
- Individuals in work environments where it is difficult to maintain the recommended physical distance of 6 feet from co-workers and/or customers and where exposure times to co-workers and/or customers are fifteen minutes or more.
The static site provides indoor, walk-up COVID-19 testing and is located at Faith + Journey Lutheran Church, 650 40th Avenue East, West Fargo. The church is located approximately one block west of Sheyenne High School.
Appointments are not needed for testing at the static site. However, individuals who fit the above categories and plan to get tested are required to pre-register here: https://testreg.nd.gov/.
BinaxNOW COVID-19 Rapid Screening Event: Sunday, January 24
BinaxNOW COVID-19 rapid screening will be available to the public on Sunday, January 24, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will take place at Faith + Journey Lutheran Church, 650 40th Avenue East, West Fargo. The church is located approximately one block west of Sheyenne High School.
Pre-registration is required and can be completed here: https://testreg.nd.gov/. The BinaxNOW tests available at the event are self-administered. Results are received in 15-30 minutes by text message. Individuals seeking a test will be asked to provide their full name and phone number. Staff will be on-site to assist test-takers.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements for Travel
Individuals with a COVID-19 testing requirement for travel should be tested using a RT PCR (real-time polymerase chain reaction) test, which is available at the static site in West Fargo. COVID-19 screening events using the BinaxNOW rapid test do not meet acceptable testing criteria for most airlines and/or foreign countries.
Travel-related testing is available at the static site Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Upon arrival for testing, travelers should inform testing site personnel they are a traveler and request a state lab form. The nasal collection method should be used as it is most widely accepted by airlines.
COVID-19 Test Results
* This information is only applicable for testing events through the Red River Valley COVID-19 Task Force. If you had a sample taken at a private health care facility, please reach out to your health care provider.
* If you opted to receive an e-notification of your test results, you will be prompted to enter your date of birth.
If Your Test is Positive:
Individuals with a positive test result will be notified by e-notification or phone call within 4 days from when the lab gets the sample. However, this timing may vary depending on a variety of factors (e.g. the time required to get the sample to the lab, number of samples that need to be tested, etc). Once you receive this e-notification/call, please stay at home. Others that live with you in the same household should also stay at home. Soon after, you will receive another call from a COVID-19 caseworker that will provide you with instructions for you and your family and will ask questions to help identify other individuals that you may have been in close contact with. The phone call may come from an out-of-state number. You can expect this call with your caseworker to take up to one hour.
If your test was positive and you need documentation or confirmation, you should contact your case worker.
If Your Test is Negative:
Individuals with a negative test result will be notified within 4 days. However, this timing may vary depending on a variety of factors (e.g. the time required to get the sample to the lab, number of samples that need to be tested, etc). The notification will occur through an automated notification as requested through the preregistration process OR a phone call from Noridian Healthcare Solutions or North Dakota State University or University of North Dakota personnel. If you were expecting an email notification and didn't get one, please check your spam mailbox.
- Note: Quarantine guidance for close contacts was recently revised. Please visit What To Do If You Are A Close Contact for additional information.
Please visit https://www.health.nd.gov/covidtestresults for more information on positve and negative test results.
Moorhead COVID-19 Testing Site Open to ND Residents
Through a collaborative effort between local public health in the F-M area and partners at the state level in both ND and MN, ND residents are able to participate in community COVID-19 testing events in Moorhead.
* Saliva testing is free and available to ND residents.
* Identification is not required. An email address and phone number are required to receive results.
* Insurance is not required, but individuals who do have insurance will need to show their card. The test is free whether or not an individual has insurance.
* Saliva testing may not be right for those with low saliva production, such as children under age 4 or someone who has suffered a stroke.
* Tests administered at the Moorhead testing site are not rapid tests. Results will be provided via email in approximately 48-72 hours.
Testing is open weekly:
Monday - Friday: noon - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Former Thomas Edison High School
1110 S. 14th Street
Moorhead, MN 56560
To schedule an appointment, visit: https://mncovidtestingappt.as.me/schedule.php.
Additional information regarding COVID-19 testing for Clay County can be found here: https://claycountymn.gov/462/Public-Health.