FARGODOME Authority - March 28, 2017 Minutes
A regular meeting of the Fargo Dome Authority was held on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. in the FARGODOME Conference Room with President David Suppes presiding.
Members present: President David Suppes, Troy Goergen, Darrell Vanyo (via phone), Blake Nelson, Ryn Pitts and Michael Ellingson.
Members absent: Nancy Jordheim.
Others present: Susan Thompson, Director of Finance – FARGODOME; Bernie Larson, Assistant General Manager – FARGODOME; Amanda Muellenbach, Administrative and Auxiliary Services Manager - FARGODOME and Rob Sobolik, General Manager – FARGODOME.
Media present: None
President David Suppes called the meeting to order at 5:03 p.m.
Michael Ellingson made a motion, seconded by Troy Goergen, to approve the agenda of the March 28, 2017 Fargo Dome Authority meeting. Motion carried.
Blake Nelson made a motion, seconded by Ryn Pitts, to approve the minutes from the February 28, 2017 Fargo Dome Authority meeting. Motion carried.
Rob Sobolik presented the General Manager’s report as follows:
- Year-to-Date Net Income through February 2017 is stated at $50,346 which is a positive variance (to budget) of $22,031.
- Upon review, Blake Nelson made a motion, seconded by Ryn Pitts, to approve the February 2017 financial statements as presented.
On call of the roll, Ellingson, Goergen, Nelson, Pitts, Suppes and Vanyo voted aye. Absent and not voting: Jordheim.
The motion was declared carried.
- Past Events: RRV Sportsmen’s Show on March 2-5, 2017. Disney on ice on March 9-12, 2017. PRCA Rodeo on March 17-18, 2017. RRV Sugarbeet Show on March 22-23, 2017. Journey on March 24, 2017.
- Upcoming Events: Annie on March 29, 2017. Shrine Circus on March 31-April 2, 2017. 2018 Manufacturer Sneak Peek on April 3, 2017. NDSU Football Coaches’ Clinic on April 7-8, 2017. Casting Crowns on April 9, 2017. Lee Brice and Justin Moore on April 14, 2017. FSA Food Show on April 19, 2017. NDSU Spring Football Game on April 22, 2017. WWE on April 23, 2017.
- Comments on Past Events: Nothing to report.
Blake Nelson presented the Fargo Dome Authority Finance Committee report. The Fargo Dome Authority Finance Committee met on Wednesday, March 22, 2017. Items discussed included:
- February 2017 Financial Statements: The February 2017 Financial Statements were approved by the Finance Committee at the meeting on March 22, 2017.
- Project Updates:
Handicap Seating Expansion: Rob provided an overview of the progression of the handicap seating expansion project in sections 30 and 13. The project is budgeted at $300,000. Multiple bids were submitted for this project. It was noted that the bid from Roers Construction came in at a substantially lower price than the other bids. The architect confirmed with Roers that the bid they provided was correct and they will honor the bid. It was noted that both the Authority and the City Commission approved motions to accept the bid from Roers Construction of $139,300 for the handicap seating expansion project. The project should be completed by the beginning of August.
- Additional Items:
Spotlight Purchase: Rob noted that as per the new City of Fargo purchasing policy to go through a competitive bid process for purchases over $25,000, FARGODOME advertised in The Forum for bids on 2 spotlights. There were no responses to the bid. The FARGODOME had received a quote from HB Sound and Light prior to advertising in The Forum. The Finance Committee accepted a motion to approve a sole source procurement request for the approval of the quote from HB Sound and Light for $51,592 for 2 spotlights, after not receiving a response from the competitive bid process. This item will be forwarded to the City for final approval.
- The committee had a general discussion regarding FARGODOME strategies and goals and what policies are in place to oversee them.
Blake Nelson made a motion to approve the Finance Committee report as presented.
On call of the roll, Ellingson, Goergen, Nelson, Pitts, Suppes and Vanyo voted aye.
Absent and not voting: Jordheim.
The motion was declared carried.
Nominating Committee: David appointed Darrell Vanyo and Michael Ellingson to the 2017 Nominating Committee. Both Vanyo and Ellingson accepted the appointment. They will bring forward the proposed slate of officers at the next Authority meeting.
Rob noted that the Alerus Center has sent out a request for proposal for a private company to manage their arena. Rob will keep the Authority updated on which company they move forward with.
The next Fargo Dome Authority meeting will be on May 2, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 5:40 p.m.