Project: 13th Avenue Reconstruction Project
As project work progresses for the 13th Avenue Road Reconstruction and Infrastructure Improvement Project there will continue to be intermittent short-term intersection access changes.
The timing of these access changes will be weather dependent, and schedules may vary due to longer concrete cure time in the cooler temperatures.
Current intersection closures include:
- 13th Avenue and 12th Street East intersection: Currently closed. Crews are working on water main, dirt work and concrete paving through the intersection over the next week. The intersections will reopen once new concrete has reached design strength.
- 13th Avenue and 16th Street East intersection: Currently closed. Crews completed concrete paving through the intersection and access is slated open later tonight, October 4. The opening is based off concrete achieving its designed strength.
Future access changes, which are all weather pending, include:
- 13th Avenue and 17th Street East intersection: Slated to close Friday or Saturday this week. Crews will complete dirt work and concrete paving through the intersection. The intersections will reopen once new concrete has reached design strength.
Early next week, mainline paving operations will continue moving west on the westbound lanes in West Fargo. Crews will pave the final 11 foot driving lane on the north side of 13th Avenue between 16th Street East and 14th Street East.
Traffic is currently on the south side of 13th Avenue between 47th Street South in Fargo and 12th Street East in West Fargo. Motorists are carried head-to-head, one lane in each direction, plus turn lanes, throughout the project limits. Lane widths are reduced to a maximum of 11 feet throughout the project during this phase. Trucks and other large vehicles are encouraged to use alternate routes.
TRAFFIC CONTROL – Phase 3 will continue until the end of October
Work zone: 13th Avenue between 45th Street South in Fargo to 12th Street East in West Fargo
Traffic control: Motorist are carried side-by-side on the south side of the roadway
- One driving lane plus dedicated left turn lane each direction
- Access to surrounding side streets
- Business access is maintained
- North side of the roadway – 47th Street South to 12th Street East
- Sidewalks – North to south pedestrian crossing is at 9th or 45th Streets
- Intermittent intersection work:
- North side access of 12th, 14th, 16th, and 17th intersections
To access commerce or travel through the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes for their east-west driving.
PROJECT PHASES – As the project progresses, there will be multiple shifts in traffic control. The anticipated phase schedule is:
- Phase 2 completion (Complete) – Early September
- Side-by-side traffic on north side of roadway
- Phase 3 completion – (Current) – End of October
- Side-by-side traffic on south side of roadway
- Phase 4 completion – Early November
- 45th Street intersection pavement repairs (Complete) – Approximately 3 weeks in June
- Project completion – Early November(100% traffic open)
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.