The City of Fargo Landfill will allow residents of Fargo to dispose of household items at no charge during the week of October 13-20. The following is a list of guidelines to take into consideration:
- Residents must bring their household waste, including furniture, to the Landfill.
- Appliances are limited to two (2). No appliances with Freon will be accepted.
- Tires are limited to four (4) passenger tires.
- Building materials will not be accepted (concrete, decking material, shingles, etc.)
- Proof of residency will be required.
- Household hazardous waste (paint, stain, cleaners), as well as electronics, can be brought to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at 606 43 1/2 Street North, Fargo. Please do not bring these items to the Landfill.
Landfill hours are Monday-Friday from 7:15 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday from 7:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Landfill is located at 4501 7th Avenue North, Fargo.
The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) facility will also be open on Saturday, Oct. 13 and 20, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Household hazardous waste includes items labeled danger, toxic, poisonous, corrosive or flammable such as paints, thinners, stains, varnish, drain/ oven cleaners, poisons, automotive fluids, weed/insect killer, fluorescent light bulbs and ballasts. These materials (in household quantities), among others, are accepted at the City's permanent HHW facility.
The HHW facility also accepts one computer set (tower, monitor and accessories, as well as one television) per resident each month.