Project:10th Street North Reconstruction Project
Contractors for the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Fargo District and City of Fargo 10th Street North improvement project have completed paving operations at the 10th Street North and 10th Avenue North intersection. The intersection has been restored to east/west motorists and pedestrian access in all directions at the intersection. The next intersection to be restored to east//west traffic and all directions of pedestrian traffic will be the intersection of 10th Street and 11th Avenue North. Crews are slated to open this intersection by the end of the week.
This week crews will finish the remaining curb, residential driveways and sidewalks working from the north between 800 to 1000 blocks of 10th Street North. Underground crews are working on storm sewer at the 7th Avenue North intersection. Later this week or the following week, crews will begin breaking and roadway removals in the 1100 block of 10th Street North closing this block to local traffic.
After Labor Day weekend, crews will open a driving loop for drop-off/pick-up and bus traffic at the school. This loop will have a single driving lane on 10th Street North between 8th Avenue North to 11th Avenue North intersection. Motorists will not be able to continue north at 11th Avenue North intersection as crews will be working on underground in the 1100 block between the intersections. When the roadway opens, crews will begin work on the sidewalk in front of the school and an on-street protected walkway between 10th Avenue and 11th Avenue North intersections will be used for travel through the block.
Through the construction area, the current traffic pattern for cars, trucks and pedestrians:
- CLOSED: 10th Street North east/west crossing at the 7th and 11th Avenues North intersections
- OPEN: 10th Street North east/west crossing at 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 12th Avenues North intersections
- OPEN: Pedestrian crossing to travel north and south will remain across the 7th Avenue North intersection
- OPEN: 600 and 1100 blocks of 10th Street North will remain local traffic only
- Residential driveways in the 1100 block will remain accessible by use of the 12th Avenue North and 10th Street North intersection along with the alley on the west side of 10th Street North
- UPDATED TRUCK DETOUR:
- West of University Drive on 7th Avenue North to south on 4th Street North to west on 4th Avenue North to north on 15th Street North
- East of 10th Street North on 7th Avenue North to south on 15th Street North to east on 4th Avenue North to north on 4th Street North
- DRIVER DETOUR ROUTE: University Drive between 4th – 12th Avenue North, one-lane in each direction with left-hand turn lanes
- BIKE DETOUR ROUTE: 11th Street North, 4th and 6th Avenue North, and Roberts Street
- SIDEWALKS: Maintained for use on both sides of 10th Street North including the east side of sidewalk through the railroad underpass
As a reminder, this construction project is to replace aging infrastructure and continuing the city-wide effort to upgrade services for residents and businesses on 10th Street North from 4th Avenue North to 12th Avenue North. By the completion of the project in late fall, north Fargo drivers, residents and businesses will have new concrete driving surface, new curb and gutter, street lights, sidewalks, city utilities, new lift station and the installation of sanitary sewer force main in the project limits.