Project:10th Street North Reconstruction Project
Contractors for the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Fargo District and City of Fargo 10th Street North improvement project will begin reconstruction and underground work on the 10th Street North and 7th Avenue North intersection on Saturday, August 18, afternoon. Crews will first reopen the 10th Street North and 8th Avenue North intersection to east/west traffic ahead of the next intersection closure.
Next week crews are slated to complete project work at the intersection of 10th Street and 10th Avenue North and restore return east/west traffic.
When construction activity begins at the closed 7th Avenue North intersection, cars, trucks and pedestrians will encounter:
- CLOSED: East/west crossing at the 7th, 10th and 11th Avenues North and 10th Street North intersections
- OPEN: East/west crossing at 6th, 8th, 9th and 12th Avenues North and 10th Street North intersections
- OPEN: Pedestrian crossing to travel north and south will remain across the 7th Avenue North intersection
- OPEN: 600 and 1100 blocks of 10th Street North will remain local traffic only
- Residential driveways in the 1100 block will remain accessible by use of the 12th Avenue North and 10th Street North intersection along with the alley on the west side of 10th Street North
- UPDATED TRUCK DETOUR:
- West of University Drive on 7th Avenue North to south on 4th Street North to west on 4th Avenue North to north on 15th Street North
- East of 10th Street North on 7th Avenue North to south on 15th Street North to east on 4th Avenue North to north on 4th Street North
This week crews are paving the 900 block and east side of 1000 block of 10th Street N as well as beginning paving operations at the 10th Avenue N and 10th Street N intersection with underground work complete through these sections. Underground crews moved to the 700 block of 10th Street N and will complete water main installation by Saturday.
Starting middle of next week, the open sidewalk through the railroad underpass will be carried on the east side of 10th Street North instead of the west side. In the 800 block crews will begin updating sidewalks throughout the block, closing one side of the sidewalk at a time next week. An on-street walkway will be set-up to carry pedestrians on 10th Street North during the work on the closed side to maintain access.
Throughout the duration of the reconstruction and infrastructure improvement project:
- DRIVER DETOUR ROUTE: University Drive between 4th – 12th Avenue North, one-lane in each direction with left-hand turn lanes
- BIKE DETOUR ROUTE: 11th Street North, 4th and 6th Avenue North, and Roberts Street
- SIDEWALKS: Maintained for use on both sides of 10th Street North including one side of sidewalk through the railroad underpass
As a reminder, this construction project is to replace aging infrastructure and continuing the city-wide effort to upgrade services for residents and businesses on 10th Street North from 4th Avenue North to 12th Avenue North. By the completion of the project in late fall, north Fargo drivers, residents and businesses will have new concrete driving surface, new curb and gutter, street lights, sidewalks, city utilities, new lift station and the installation of sanitary sewer force main in the project limits.