Project: 13th Avenue Reconstruction Project
Contractors for the 13th Avenue Road Reconstruction and Infrastructure Improvement Project have reopened the south side of the intersection of 13th Avenue and 16th Street East in West Fargo. All turning movements for the intersection have been restored.
Beginning Monday, July 16, the south side of the intersection of 13th Avenue and 50th Street Southwest in Fargo will have a short-term intersection closure as crews prepare for concrete pavement through the intersection. During the short-term intersection closure, motorists are not allowed to turn on to the main line of 13th Avenue from the south side. Once work is completed the turning movements onto 13th Avenue from the intersection will be restored. Project work is expected to last for five days and the intersection will reopen to drivers.
Mainline paving operations will also begin Monday at 5 a.m. on the south side of 13th Avenue between 48th Street South to 17th Street East. Drivers should be aware that there will be a heavy presence of concrete trucks in the work zone throughout the morning.
On 13th Avenue between 45th Street South in Fargo to 12th Street East in West Fargo, traffic will continue to be carried head-to-head, plus turn lanes, on the north side of the street through the work zone. All other intersections will remain open as crews continue with construction activity on the south side of the street.
ACCESS CHANGE – Thursday, July 12
- LOCATION: Intersection of 16th Street East and 13th Avenue –south side
- CHANGE: Access to 13th Avenue is OPEN
- REOPENING: Thursday, July 12
- PROJECT WORK: Crews installed new water main and storm sewer on the south side of the intersection.
ACCESS CHANGE – Monday, July 16
- LOCATION: Intersection of 50th Street Southwest and 13th Avenue –south side
- CHANGE: Access to 13th Avenue is temporarily closed
- REOPENING: Friday, July 20, weather permitting
- PROJECT WORK: Crews will begin work to prepare for concrete pavement on the south side of the intersection.
TRAFFIC CONTROL – Phase 2, the current traffic phase will continue until late July
Work zone: 13th Avenue between 45th Street South in Fargo to 12th Street East in West Fargo
Traffic control: Motorist are carried side-by-side on the north side of the roadway
- One driving lane plus dedicated left turn lane each direction
- Access to surrounding side streets
- Business access is maintained
- Southside of the roadway
- Sidewalks: North to south pedestrian crossing is at 9th or 45th Streets.
- Intermittent intersection work: south side access of 14th, 16th, 17th, 50th and 48th intersections
To access commerce or travel through the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes for their east-west driving on alternative area roads.
PROJECT PHASES – As the project progresses, there will be multiple shifts in traffic control. The anticipated phase schedule is:
- Phase 2 completion (Current) – late July
- Side-by-side traffic on north side of roadway
- Phase 3 completion – Middle of September
- Side-by-side traffic on south side of roadway
- Phase 4 completion – Middle of October
- 45th Street intersection pavement repairs (Completed) – Approximately 3 weeks in June
- Project completion – Middle of October (100% traffic open)
The purpose of the project is to replace aging infrastructure, with a goal of improving both pedestrian and vehicular safety and increasing roadway capacity through the area.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.