Project: 13th Avenue Reconstruction Project
By late evening tonight, Friday, June 1, contractors for the 13th Avenue Road Reconstruction and Infrastructure Improvement Project will reopen the 13th Avenue and 48th Street intersection on the south side of the roadway, weather permitting.
All turning movements on to 13th Avenue from the intersection will be restored Friday evening. Motorists will once again be allowed to turn on to the main line of 13th Avenue from the south intersection of 48th Street South. Motorists on 13th Avenue will be able to turn on to the south side of 48th Street South.
On 13th Avenue between 45th Street South in Fargo to 12th Street East in West Fargo, traffic will continue to be carried head-to-head on the north side of the roadway with one lane plus turn lane in each direction on 13th Avenue through the work zone. All other intersections will remain open as crews continue with construction activity on the south side of the roadway.
ACCESS CHANGE – Friday, June 1
- LOCATION: Intersection of 48th Street South and 13th Avenue –south side
- CHANGE: Access to 13th Avenue open
- REOPENING: Friday, June 1 by late evening, weather permitting
- PROJECT WORK: Crews installed a new water main and storm sewer on the south side of the intersection.
TRAFFIC CONTROL – Phase 2 will continue until early July
Work zone: 13th Avenue between 45th Street South in Fargo to 12th Street East in West Fargo
Traffic control: Motorist are carried side-by-side on the north side of the roadway
- One driving lane plus dedicated left turn lane each direction
- Access to surrounding side streets
- Business access is maintained
- Southside of the roadway
- Sidewalks: North to south pedestrian crossing is at 9th or 45th Streets.
- Intermittent intersection work: south side access of 14th, 16th, 17th, 50th and 48th intersections
To access commerce or travel through the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes for their east-west driving on alternative area roads.
PROJECT PHASES – As the project progresses, there will be multiple shifts in traffic control. The anticipated phase schedule is:
- Phase 2 completion (Current) – early July
- Side-by-side traffic on north side of roadway
- Phase 3 completion – Middle of September
- Side-by-side traffic on south side of roadway
- Phase 4 completion – Middle of October
- 45th Street intersection pavement repairs – Approximately 3 weeks in June
- Project completion – Middle of October (100% traffic open)
The purpose of the project is to replace aging infrastructure, with a goal of improving both pedestrian and vehicular safety and increasing roadway capacity through the area.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.