Project: 13th Avenue Reconstruction Project
Beginning, Tuesday, May 29 at 6 AM, contractors for the 13th Avenue Road Reconstruction and Infrastructure Improvement Project will begin one of the needed intermittent intersection closures on the south side of the roadway. Project work will last four days at the intersection of 13th Avenue and 48th Street South in Fargo, weather permitting.
During the short-term intersection closure, motorists will not be allowed to turn on to the main line of 13th Avenue from the south intersection of 48th Street South. Motorists on 13th Avenue will be unable to turn on to the south side of 48th Street South. Project work will take crews four days to complete and turning movements on to 13th Avenue from the intersection will be restored Friday evening.
On 13th Avenue between 45th Street South in Fargo to 12th Street East in West Fargo, traffic will continue to be carried head-to-head on the south side of the roadway on the outside driving lane with one lane plus turn lane in each direction on 13th Avenue through the work zone. All other intersections will remain open as crews continue with construction activity in the center of the roadway.
ACCESS CHANGE – Tuesday, May 29
- LOCATION: Intersection of 48th Street South and 13th Avenue –south side
- CHANGE: Access to 13th Avenue temporary closed
- CLOSING: Tuesday, May 29 by 6AM
- REOPENING: Friday, June 1 by late evening, weather permitting
- PROJECT WORK: Crews will be installing a new water main and storm sewer on the south side of the intersection.
TRAFFIC CONTROL – Phase 2 will continue until early July
Work zone: 13th Avenue between 45th Street South in Fargo to 12th Street East in West Fargo
Traffic control: Motorist are carried side-by-side on the north side of the roadway
- One driving lane plus dedicated left turn lane each direction
- Access to surrounding side streets
- Business access is maintained
- Southside of the roadway
- Sidewalks: North to south pedestrian crossing is at 9th or 45th Streets.
- Intermittent intersection work: south side access of 14th, 16th, 17th, 50th and 48th intersections
To access commerce or travel through the area, drivers are encouraged to use alternative routes for their east-west driving on alternative area roads.
PROJECT PHASES – As the project progresses, there will be multiple shifts in traffic control. The anticipated phase schedule is:
- Phase 2 completion (Current) – early July
- Side-by-side traffic on north side of roadway
- Phase 3 completion – Middle of September
- Side-by-side traffic on south side of roadway
- Phase 4 completion – Middle of October
- 45th Street intersection pavement repairs – Approximately 3 weeks in June
- Project completion – Middle of October (100% traffic open)
The purpose of the project is to replace aging infrastructure, with a goal of improving both pedestrian and vehicular safety and increasing roadway capacity through the area.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.