Project: 19th Avenue N
Beginning the morning of Tuesday, May 1 at 8:00 a.m., contractors for the City of Fargo’s 19th Avenue North road reconstruction projects between Interstate 29 (I-29) to 57th Street North will end the winter suspension and commence the second year of slated project work. This year the construction activity will take place on the west end of the project area on 19th Avenue North between 45th Street South to 57th Street North/9th Street East.
On Tuesday, work will begin at the intersection of 19th Avenue and 45th Street North and the intersection will not be accessible to through traffic for the next 4 months.
Access north or south of 19th Avenue North and 45th Street North intersection:
- Cass County 20 or 12th Avenue North to 45th Street North
- South of intersection, local traffic only will be maintained on 45th Street North
Access to businesses on the west end of 19th Avenue North:
- 57th Street North to 19th Avenue North
- Local traffic only will be maintained on 19th Avenue North
To finish the reconstruction and infrastructure improvement projects, crews will complete in 2018:
- West portion of 19th Avenue North between 45th Street South to 57th Street North
- New west portion of the 19th Avenue road alignment
- South portion of 45th Street North intersection from 16th Avenue North to new 19th Avenue North
- 45th Street North crossing over the railroad tracks to prepare for a possible future railroad underpass.
The complete project work will wrap up in Fall of 2018
To prepare the area for this future underpass of the railroad system at the intersection of 45th Street North and 19th Avenue North, the roadway of 19th Avenue North has shifted to the north on both sides of the 45th Street North intersection.
The east portion of the new 19th Avenue North roadway alignment is now being used by motorists with a three-way stop at the intersection of 45th Street North. This section will remain open to local traffic to access Interstate 29 (I-29) interchange during the project.
After the project is complete, the intersection of 45th Street North and 19th Avenue North will be a two-way stop with 19th Avenue North traffic having the right of way.
In 2017, 19th Avenue North improvements included east portion of the roadway realignment, adding driving lanes, new concrete, a flush median, added a new sanitary sewer interceptor, updated utilities and street lights to 19th Avenue North from Interstate 29 (I-29) to 45th Street North. This work is to accommodate increased traffic volumes, anticipated population growth and future railroad underpass in North Fargo. The total project cost is $16 Million.
**Please remember all schedules are tentative and weather dependent.