Fargo Cass Public Health is excited to continue its support of breastfeeding in the workplace and has funding up to $500 available for worksites in Cass County to achieve the Infant-Friendly Worksite Designation.
Supporting breastfeeding employees has many business benefits. Fargo Cass Public Health is excited to continue its support of breastfeeding in the workplace and has funding up to $500 available for worksites in Cass County to achieve the Infant-Friendly Worksite Designation.
The Infant-Friendly Worksite Designation is a free recognition program through the state of North Dakota for businesses that support their breastfeeding employees. These businesses have a breastfeeding policy that includes:
- Flexible scheduling to allow for expression of milk/nursing,
- Providing a private, clean space (not a toilet stall or restrooms) for pumping/nursing,
- Access to a clean water source for washing hands and breast pump equipment, and
- Providing refrigeration for temporary storage of breast milk.
The key focus of the funds is to assist worksites in overcoming the most commonly reported barrier to supporting their breastfeeding employees: adequate space that is private and comfortable. Funds can be used to purchase a chair, small table, door lock, refrigerator, soft lighting, and more. Fargo Cass Public Health staff are also available to assist businesses in identifying a space, as well as policy development and implementation.
Businesses who receive funding are then encouraged to apply for the Infant-Friendly Worksite Designation. The application is free and available online. Being designated reflects a business’s commitment to supporting breastfeeding employees and their families. These businesses can also use “Infant-Friendly” on any promotional or recruitment materials. Read more about the business benefits in this post.
Applications for funds to support breastfeeding in the workplace are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Funds are limited and must be spent by September 30, so apply today!
Join these local businesses who are currently designated as Infant-Friendly:
- Apex Physical Therapy & Wellness Center
- Cass County Government
- City of Fargo
- City of West Fargo
- CoreLink Administrative Solutions
- Courts Plus Community Fitness Center
- Dakota Medical Foundation
- Discovery Benefits
- Eide Bailly LLP
- Elim Care Center
- Fargo Jet Center
- Fargo Park District
- Fargo VA Health Care System
- Gate City Bank
- Lillestol Research LLC
- ManorCare Health Services
- North Dakota State University
- Prairie Roots Food Co-op
- Preference Employment Solutions
- TMI Hospitality
- Town & Country Credit Union
- Tronsgard & Sullivan Dental
- Weather Modification Inc
- West Acres Mall
- WEX Health
- YMCA Early Learning Center South
- YWCA Cass Clay
Support your breastfeeding employees and their families — become a designated Infant-Friendly Worksite. Apply here to become a designated Infant-Friendly Worksite.