The Fargo Public Library is offering “Kindergarten Success,” a free, five-part storytime series designed to help parents, caregivers and their youngsters get ready for school. The first session is Saturday, August 19, starting at 10 a.m. at the downtown Main Library.
In these sessions, families will enjoy stories and activities designed to encourage the development of early literacy skills. Participants will explore literacy, science and math through music, stories, art and play. Families will receive free materials to continue the learning and fun at home. Open to children ages 3 to 5 years and their caregivers, registration is not required and all materials will be provided. Call Children’s Services at 701.241.1495 for further information. Dates and session topics in the series are as follows (all start times are 10 a.m.):
- Saturday, Aug. 19 – Let’s Love Books
- Saturday, Sept. 16 –Write All About It
- Saturday, Oct. 21 – You’ll Sing, I’ll Sing
- Saturday, Nov. 25 – Make It Count
- Saturday, Dec. 16 – Do You See What I See?
Training materials and resources for this workshop were developed by the American Library Association.
Fargo Public Library events are free and open to the public. Children age 9 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. For more information about the Fargo Public Library and a complete list of upcoming events, call 701.241.1472 or visit www.fargolibrary.org.
Related Resources: For more help in preparing your child for school success, see the Parent/Teacher Resource Collection located in the Children’s Services Department at the library. In this collection you will find titles like these:
- Kindergarten Success: Helping Children Excel Right from the Start by Jill Frankel Hauser
- What Kindergarten Teachers Know: Practical and Playful Ways to Help Children Listen, Learn, and Cooperate at Home by Lisa Holewa & Joan Rice
- Games for Learning: Ten Minutes a Day to Help Your Child Do Well in School from Kindergarten to Third Grade by Peggy Kaye
- What Your Preschooler Needs to Know: Read-Alouds to Get Ready for Kindergarten by E. D. Hirsch, Jr. & Linda Bevilacqua