7th Avenue North Improvements (Elm to Broadway)
Zone: NorthWhat zone am I?
Start: Spring 2020
Estimated Completion: Fall 2020
The project is currently in the design phase, with project bidding scheduled for late 2019 or early 2020.
Construction activities include the removal and replacement of the existing water main, sanitary sewer repairs, upgrades to the storm sewer system, new asphalt pavement, new concrete pavement, new concrete curb and gutter, and new street lights.
- The project will be constructed in phases to minimize local impacts as much as possible. However, through traffic on 7th Avenue North between Elm Street and Broadway will be closed for the duration of the project
- Access to the Sanford campus will experience disruptions during certain phases of the project
- The 2nd Street and 7th Avenue North intersection will remain open throughout the project.
To be determined.
Construction is expected to start in the spring of 2020 with completion scheduled for the fall of 2020.
This project will be funded through a combination of Sales Tax Funds, Waste Water Utility Funds, and Special Assessments.
- This stretch of roadway has aging pavement and underground utilities that have been subject to numerous unscheduled repairs through the years.
- The project will include up-sizing the water main on 7th Avenue North to 16" diameter pipe between 4th Street to Broadway. The up-sized pipe, in conjunction with various water tower upgrades, is a critical component in providing north Fargo with a reliable water supply.