12th Street North Reconstruction
Zone: DowntownWhat zone am I?
Start: July 30th, 2018
Estimated Completion: October 2018
Here are the most recent updates of the work being performed (as of August 15th, 2018):
- Underground utility (water main, storm sewer, & sanitary sewer) installation is complete.
- Crew have begun working on concrete pavement installation.
This project will replace the water main, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, street lighting, and concrete pavement along 12th Street North from NP Avenue to 1st Avenue North.
CC Steel LLC
A full closure is required along 12th Street North from NP Avenue to 1st Avenue North.
To view the affected area, please refer to the project's Overall Project Map via the Project Resources section on the right side of this page.
Construction activities began July 30th, 2018, with a substantial completion date slated for October 1st, 2018.
This project will be funded through a combination of Sanitary Sewer Funds, Water Main Funds, Infrastructure Sales Tax, & Special Assessments.
- The existing water main is asbestos cement pipe, which was installed over 40 years ago and is being replaced to minimize impacts and costs associated with breaks.
- The existing sanitary sewer main is vitrified clay pipe that was installed almost 125 years ago and is showing signs of deterioration. As part of this project, we will replace the sanitary sewer pipe.
- The 12th Street reconstruction is necessary due to the deterioration of the existing street section, which was installed in 1951 with street patching done throughout the years.
- The reconstruction will include concrete street paving, gravel base, curb and gutter, storm sewer, driveway approaches, street lights, and sidewalks.