Project:10th Street North Reconstruction Project
After Labor Day, contractors for North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) and City of Fargo 10th Street North reconstruction project will start warranty repairs on underground utilities between the 700 – 800 residential blocks. The warranty repairs will require removal of concrete to access the utility services and is expected to be complete in mid-September, weather permitting.
Starting Tuesday, September 3, after 6 a.m., drivers and bicyclists will be diverted around the warranty repairs to continue northbound by the following routes:
- Eastside 10th Street N at 7th Avenue North: Right driving lane will be diverted to turn right at 7th Avenue to use 9th Street North until 9th Avenue North
- Westside 10th Street N at 7th Avenue North: Left driving lane will be diverted to turn left at 7th Avenue North to use 11th Street North until 9th Avenue North
- Eastbound and Westbound 7th Avenue North: Drivers will be diverted to use the first available north – south street, 9th Street North or 11th Street North
- Bicyclists: Diverted to use the traffic detour
- Pedestrian access: both sides of sidewalk will remain open for north/south travel
- No-parking: Restrictions will be placed on eastside of 9th Street North and 11th Street North and 9th Avenue North
On the detour route, stop signs will be placed at 8th Street North and 9th Street North intersections. All other blocks of 10th Street North will remain open to one-way, northbound traffic.
Crews will begin work in the 800 block on 10th Street North. The detour route may be shortened as work is complete between the two blocks. After the detour is removed, there may be periods of brief and moving lane reductions on 10th Street North to replace permanent pavement markings under traffic.