Broadway Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Zone
The City of Fargo has designated the downtown section of Broadway as a Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Zone. The zone includes Broadway’s street and sidewalks and extends from 6th Avenue North to NP Avenue.
- Ride on the street and obey rules of the road for vehicles.
- Use appropriate hand signals for turning and stopping.
- Ride close to the center lane to maximize visibility.
- Wear a helmet.
Bicycles are allowed on any other street or sidewalk outside of the Broadway Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Zone. Please be courteous to pedestrians, walk your bike across the crosswalks, and watch out for turning vehicles.
- Allow bicyclists to integrate into traffic.
- Drive carefully and watch for pedestrians, bicyclists, and vehicles backing out of parking spaces.
- Bicyclists must walk their bikes in the Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Zone and obey rules for pedestrians.
- Cross streets only at crosswalks.
- Obey traffic signals.
For more information about walking or bicycling on Broadway, please review this brochure (this link opens an 800kb PDF file).
The City of Fargo has secure bicycle lockers for rent at three downtown locations:
- The Metro Area Transit Ground Transportation Center (502 NP Ave.) has four lockers.
- The NDSU Renaissance Hall parking lot (650 NP Ave.) has four lockers.
- The 2nd Avenue parking lot (behind Black building) has eight lockers.
The lockers cost $10 per month (three-month minimum)or $100 per year, with a $30 deposit.
For more information about renting a locker, call 701-235-1618 or review our bike locker agreement (link opens PDF file).