Requests for Appearances
Mayor Mahoney greatly enjoys taking part in activities throughout our community and gladly accepts requests for his appearance at events. Please contact Executive Assistant Kember Anderson to make your request.
When doing so, please provide as much notice and detail as possible within your email (including whether or not you are requesting the Mayor to speak at the event). Once your request is reviewed, the Mayor's Office will notify you via email of a decision regarding the Mayor’s availability to attend your requested event.
Due to the volume of requests, please understand that Mayor Mahoney may not be able to personally accommodate all requests. We respectfully request that you do not use Mayor Mahoney's name on any public relations material (i.e., notifications, invitations or agendas) until you have received written approval from his office.
Requests for Mayoral Proclamations
Proclamations are ceremonial documents signed by the Mayor of Fargo for:
- Public awareness
- Charitable fundraising campaigns
- Arts and cultural celebrations
- Special honors (on the recommendation of the Mayor)
- An organization's event or special action
- An extraordinary achievement
- Public awareness campaigns
Proclamations will not be issued for:
- Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs or individual conviction
- Business endorsement or for profit
- Proclamations are strictly honorary and are not legally binding
- The Mayor’s office reserves the right to modify or deny any proclamation request
- A congratulatory letter is an alternative where proclamation criteria are not met
- Include draft language of proclamation
- Provide contact information and address where the final document should be sent
To make a request for a proclamation, contact Shelly Ernest in the Mayor's Office.