- Interlibrary loan allows Fargo Public Library customers to request materials from libraries all over the country.
- Because interlibrary loan is a labor-intensive value-added service, it is limited to Fargo residents or property owners only. Users outside of Fargo may contact their local library or the North Dakota State Library for interlibrary loan service.
- Interlibrary loan requests can take several weeks to arrive, depending on how difficult the item is to locate and the lending library's availability. We process items in the order they arrive and will notify you when the item is here or if the item is unable to be borrowed.
- Items published with the last year may be more difficult to borrow. The library will not attempt to order materials published with in the last six months. You may request that the library purchase those items using our Online Catalog.
- Some items, such as microfilm, will have a lending fee set by the lending library. You may pay this fee when you pick up the item.
- Interlibrary loan items check out for four weeks with no renewals.
- You may have up to four interlibrary loan items at a time.
- If you have any questions about interlibrary loan service, please contact the Information Desk at 701.241.1492 or Contact Us.
- See the full interlibrary loan policy for more information.
Fill out the form as completely as possible so that we can be sure to get the correct version of the title you are requesting.