Fargo Cass Public Health provides school nursing services to the Central Cass, Fargo, Kindred, Mapleton and Northern Cass public school districts. The school nursing services are funded through the local school districts, and city and county government funds. The services are provided on a part time basis and are provided by RN’s, LPN’s and nurse’s aides.
School nurse services provided include:
- Health screenings for vision, with referral and follow-up as needed
- Health assessment for illness, accidents, injuries or contagious disease
- Assessment for health impairments that affect student attendance, performance and participation
- Health education and promotion to students and staff
- Administrative consultation and policy development
- Medication administration