Special Assessment Payment Methods
Special assessments are different than property taxes. They are the method the city uses to pay for infrastructure improvements that benefit properties, such as water main replacement and flood protection projects. The cost of these projects is divided among properties that benefit from them.
Payments can be made with cash, check or credit card as follows:
- In Person: At the city payments window on the second floor of Fargo City Hall, 225 4th Street North, Fargo, ND 58102
- By Phone: With credit/debit card only - please dial 701.241.1324, select Option #3. There are no fees applied for credit card use.
- By Mail: Address To: City of Fargo Special Assessments, 225 4th Street North, Fargo, ND 58102
- Payoff amounts for a special assessment balance can be requested using the online Special Assessment Payoff Amount Request Form.
- For parcel number, front footage, square footage, un-certified balance remaining, annual installment (listed on last tax statement), work complete (pending approval), work in progress (estimated) or payoff amount please use the online Special Assessment Form.
- Learn more about the Special Assessment Assistance Program available.
- www.FargoParcels.com shows assessments that apply to specific properties. Type in part or all of the address to view the information.