FARGODOME Authority - December 11, 2017 Minutes
A regular meeting of the Fargo Dome Authority was held on Monday, December 11, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. in the FARGODOME Conference Room with President David Suppes presiding.
Members present: President David Suppes, Blake Nelson, Darrell Vanyo, Nancy Jordheim, Troy Goergen (arrived mid-meeting), Dan Armbrust and Michael Ellingson.
Members absent: None.
Others present: Sarah Tabery, Director of Marketing and Sales – FARGODOME; Susan Thompson, Director of Finance – FARGODOME; Bernie Larson, Assistant General Manager – FARGODOME and Rob Sobolik, General Manager – FARGODOME.
Media present: None
President David Suppes called the meeting to order at 4:34 p.m.
Nancy Jordheim made a motion, seconded by Mike Ellingson, to approve the agenda of the December 11, 2017 Fargo Dome Authority meeting as presented. Motion carried.
Dan Armbrust made a motion, seconded by Blake Nelson, to approve the minutes from the November 28, 2017 Fargo Dome Authority meeting. Motion carried.
Rob Sobolik presented the General Manager’s report as follows:
• Due to the timing of the December meeting, November financial statements were not available. November 2017 financial statements will be discussed at the January meeting.
• Past Events: Health, Tech & Trades Career Expo on November 30, 2017. NDSU Football Playoff Game on December 2, 2017. Jersey Boys on December 5-6, 2017. Health, Tech & Trades Career Expo on November 30, 2017. NDSU Football Playoff Game on December 2, 2017. Jersey Boys on December 5-6, 2017. NDSU Football Playoff Game on December 9, 2017.
• Upcoming Events: NDSU Football Playoff Game on December 15, 2017. Rumble on the Red Wrestling Tournament on December 28-29, 2017. Rumble on the Red Youth Wrestling Tournament on December 30, 2017. Fargo Marathon Kick Off 5k/10k Run on January 6, 2018. Kevin Hart on January 19, 2018. Wizard of Oz on January 23, 2018. RRV Boat & Marine Show on January 26-28, 2018.
• Comments on Past Events: Nothing to report.
• 2018 FDA and Committee meeting schedule: With no objection from the Authority, the 2018 meeting calendar will proceed with combined Building & Finance Committee meetings on the Wednesday prior to the FDA meeting. FDA meetings will continue as the last Tuesday of the month with the exception of the April (first Tuesday in May) and December (second Monday in December) meetings.
• Capital Budget Reallocation Request - Rob requested reallocation of the 2017
“Budgeted Unallocated” line item of $35,000 as follows:
• Replace the fire pump and jockey pump controller for the building fire pump. Bids were received as follows: Nova Fire Protection $20,500; Allied Fire Protection $23,500, and Simplex $24,000. Dan Armbrust made a motion to approve the reallocation for the fire pump controller equipment and award the bid to low bidder Nova Fire Protection; Nancy Jordheim seconded the motion. On call of the roll, Armbrust, Ellingson, Jordheim, Nelson, Suppes and Vanyo voted aye. Absent and not voting: Goergen. The motion was declared carried.
• Reallocation of $10,000 to a new project to purchase and install 4” aluminum on the north, east, and west field walls to aid in the frequent installation of the wall protection pads. Blake Nelson made a motion to approve the reallocation of $10,000 for a project to purchase and install aluminum on the field level walls. Nancy Jordheim seconded the motion. On call of the roll, Armbrust, Ellingson, Jordheim, Nelson, Suppes and Vanyo voted aye. Absent and not voting: Goergen. The motion was declared carried.
• Rob presented bids on a 2018 Capital Project, $32,500 for the purchase of thirteen (11 + 2 spares) 450’ winch ropes for the Turf system. As the ropes have a five-week lead-time, bids were obtained for a January 2018 purchase, as follows: Olson Chain & Cable $25,740; Columbia Basin Knot Company $25,786; and Hercules Tow Rope $28,210. Nancy Jordheim made a motion to award the bid to low bidder Olson Chain & Cable; Darrell Vanyo seconded the motion. On call of the roll, Armbrust, Ellingson, Jordheim, Nelson, Suppes and Vanyo voted aye. Absent and not voting: Goergen. The motion was declared carried.
FDA member Troy Goergen joined the meeting.
• Susan Thompson presented the bid tabulation of an RFP for FARGODOME Food Purveyor. Please see attached summary and bid tabulation. Bids were solicited for food items for a term to commence at 1/1/2018 through 12/31/2018, with the option for two one-year annual renewals at prices mutually agreeable to both parties. Consistent with industry standards and as spelled out in the bid specifications, assessment methodology involved determining the lowest net estimated expense based on vendor-provided pricing bids provided for the top 50 products as of a specific date. Prices were applied to the average annual product usage to arrive at an anticipated net annual expense per vendor. The assessment including other financial implications such as fuel surcharges and remittance and/or volume incentives. Other non-monetary factors included service center location and in-kind equipment provided by the vendor. Darrell Vanyo made a motion to award the bid to low bidder Sysco; Mike Ellingson seconded the motion. On call of the roll, Armbrust, Ellingson, Goergen, Jordheim, Nelson, Suppes and Vanyo voted aye. The motion was declared carried.
• Architectural Design Services RFQ Discussion:
Rob presented a draft RFQ for Architectural Services. Please see attached. Discussion ensued regarding the RFQ. The committee will further discuss the evaluation/selection processes and participants at their January meeting. Nancy Jordheim made a motion to proceed with advertising for qualifications as per the provided RFQ for three weeks during the timeframe of January 8, 2018 through January 29, 2018. Troy Goergen seconded the motion. On call of the roll, Armbrust, Ellingson, Goergen, Jordheim, Nelson, Suppes and Vanyo voted aye. The motion was declared carried.
The next Fargo Dome Authority meeting will be on January 30, 2018 at 3:30 p.m.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 5:28 p.m.